Sunday, July 04, 2010

All about women.....

Friends....,



as the title of the blog says all about women I am not talking anything about the woman but to tell you its about the play all about the women.....It was the first time in my life that I have watched a drama. Actually I saw one drama when I was 9 years old at yashwant stadium Nagpur.The play was Janta Raja.... it was based on Chatrapati Shivaji Maharaj... but that time we got seats on the last row of stadium and I was just busy in crying and showing tantrums to my mom, so i didn't had time to watch that play...but as they say every dog has his day, so i also had my day and got an opportunity to watch this awesome play all about the women.



Actually its difficult to understand woman and after watching that play now I think its impossible to understand woman. To give u a brief summary of the play, well-known light designer and actor, Hidaayat Sami makes his directorial debut with this Miro Gavran play. The play has an unusual structure in which five life stories - all about women - alternate and interweave. One story concerns two sisters who are at loggerheads because of the man they both love - and there is also the question of their mother? The second story is also about two women who are exceptionally close, until their relationship undergoes a crisis when a third woman comes into their lives. Then there is the story of secretaries working for the same firm; about three little girls who go to kindergarten together; and old ladies living in a retirement home.



Out of all the 5 stories I liked the story of two sister who both loved same man. In the end man dumps both of them and had a affair with teenage girl making her pregnant. Actually elder sister has an affair with a boy and they decide to marry each other but one day they have a fight on a stupid reason which leads to there break up. To take revenge with her that boy takes her little sis out on the same day of their break up.When they are out he makes younger sister to drink liquor and on the same night he has a physical relation with her. As she is unconscious she doesn't know what has happened to her and in few days she gets pregnant which forces her to marry that guy exactly weak after the break up that the guy had with elder sister.



This makes elder sister angry and makes her think that it was the younger sister who steal that guy from her and she breaks all the relation with her younger sister. After 7 years on the b'day of their mother the instance comes when these two sister comes face to face. The elder sister cant control her anger and frustration, she takes it out on her sister by abusing her. Then mother tells elder sister that the guy who married younger sister has ditched her a weak ago and is seeing young teenager. Younger sister tells the elder sister the reason why she married that guy. After listening this, older sister feels ashamed of herself and consoles her sister. They sort out all the differences and celebrate the b'day of their mother happily like one family.



The three characters defined where awesome and the actors where fantastic in playing their roles... i loved the story plot a lot...



There was other story plot in the play where they showed how possessive a girl becomes for her girl friend. There was one story plot where they dipicted three secretaries and how low they can fall in their acts and their behaviour just to get promotion. It looked too realistic and we have seen this kind of dipiction in movies like page3 and corporate.



Then there was hillarious story plot about woman in their absolute oldage and other plot was on girls in there childhood. It was fun..



The whole drama was full of ups and downs, with lots of twist and turns. Not for a single second I was able to focus my attention on any thing else than the play. I use to think why people go to watch plays when there is a better option to watch films... but really I again proved myself idiot when I saw the play. I think in Nagpur there is no culture of watching drama but this trend will change as more and more good plays will come out. As always future of theatre is very bright and is in safe hands. I wanted to take autograph of the actors but I was not able to get that. This is the only regret I had yesterday. But to tell you it was the best way of celebrating the end of exams and I enjoyed every moment of it...... Thank you god bringing such beautiful things in my life.... I know you are always there for me....

1 comment:

  1. gud atleast came to knw bout the plays thru ur blog..gud u enjoyd..

    ReplyDelete